Louisianans know that great cocktails are at the heart of any get-together with friends. Whether it’s firing up the crawfish pot to getting the grill going for a tailgate party – great friends and good times are a bayou tradition.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. To Enter: This contest begins at 1:00 PM (CT) on March 26, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on May 9, 2013. Access the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/BayouRum to enter your toast and fill out the mandatory entry information. Each individual is allowed to enter up to once a day. Multiple entries during the same day will result in disqualification. The ten (10) entries (toasts) that get the most votes over the promotion period will win the grand prize. Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues that might affect a caller’s ability of the Sponsor to notify the winner. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or incorrect entries or other contest materials, all of which are void.
2. Winner Determination: Ten (10) winners will be determined on or about May 9, 2013. Winners will be the top ten (10) toasts that get the most votes on our Facebook page. The ten (10) winners will be notified by phone/email on or about May 13, 2013, and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within seven (7) days of notification, or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner cannot be located or does not respond within seven (7) days, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once the 10 winners are qualified and have returned their Affidavits, they will be awarded the prize. Contest entry, biographical information, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes without any additional compensation or consideration. Entrants expressly agree to waive any and all rights to publicity that they have or may have arising out of or relating to the Contest.
3. Grand Prizes: Ten (10 ) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Winners will receive a VIP stay L’Auberge® Casino Resort Lake Charles to help celebrate the inaugural toast for Bayou Rum on May 23, 2013. The following items are included in the prize package:
The winners must provide his/her own transportation to L’Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles – 777 Avenue L’Auberge, Lake Charles, LA 70601
Approximate retail value per prize is $805.74.
4. Contest Entries: All materials, documents, information and data submitted to the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, including the Contest entry and submission (collectively “Contest entry”) are the property of Sponsor, will not be returned and cannot be acknowledged, By entering the Contest, entrants represent and warrant that their Contest entry is their sole, original work and that it does not infringe upon the rights of any other party, including but not limited to any intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any other party. By submitting a Contest entry, entrant further represents and warrants that any person(s) referenced has given his or her express written consent to the reference and use as contemplated by these Official Rules and that entrant has obtained written permission for such use from any such person. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify Contest entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Contest entry, and any ideas or concepts contained therein, in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to Sponsor’s website, without limitation or compensation to the entrant and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the Contest entry. Submission of a Contest entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Contest entry, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and proprietary rights worldwide. Any content, material or information included in Contest entry shall not be confidential, proprietary or trade secret. By submitting a Contest entry, entrant consents to Sponsor’s use, reproduction and disclosure of the Contest entry, and ideas, concepts or other materials contained therein, for any purpose, including any commercial purpose. Any Contest entry that contains third party artistic works, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos or similar brand identifying marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights will not constitute a valid Contest entry.
5. Eligibility: This contest is open only to legal residents of the Louisiana who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Louisiana Spirits LLC, and its respective affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
6. General Conditions: Entry in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Cash equivalent may be less than the approximate retail value of the prize. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the contest may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Upon acceptance of prize, winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
In consideration of the undersigned’s receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guests, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever shall release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Contest, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Contest; prize winner’s Contest entry; use of prize winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
7.Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, on-line entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or postage–due mail-in entries, or for on-line entries not received due to lost, failed delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by web-site visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Contest, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any participant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Contest, and refuse to award a Prize or any part of a Prize, if participant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Contest or detrimental to other participants of the Contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during participant registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating Plays through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use participant’s personal information for the purpose of submitting Plays, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Contest. Participants agree that Sponsor may void any part of a Prize that participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that participant may have won as a rules of such importer conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
9. Sponsor’s Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Contest due to mistakes, errors, or omissions by Sponsor, or should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulations, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any participant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
10. Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Louisiana, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, the participant agrees that, by participating in the Contest (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damaged multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Further, participant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth herein. Only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a programming, production, seeding, printing or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes, set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed in any prize category, Sponsor reserves right to award only the stated number of prizes. Screen shots are not proof of winning status.
11. Winner’s List: For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Bayou Rum, 14241 Coursey Blvd., Suite A-12 #175, Baton Rouge, LA 70817.All requests for the winner’s list must be postmarked by 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on May 9, 2013 and received by May 13, 2013.
Sponsor: Louisiana Spirits, LLC, LACASSINE, LA 70650. Please Drink Responsibly.